Self-confidence is extremely important in every aspect of our lives. From the calmly self-assured doctor whose advice we count on, to the charismatic confidence of a speaker, self-confident persons inspire security and trust in others and are admired by almost everyone. Self-confidence can be shown in many ways through your behavior, your body language, how you speak, what you say .....
Too many of us struggle to find it because it is a key to become successful. But the good news about it is that it can be learned and built on. And it is worth the effort!
So how to build your self-confidence?
- Look at what your past achievements. List the 10 best things you have achieved, then spend a few minutes on each of them and enjoy the success you have already had.
- Take a look at your strengths. Use techniques like the SWOT Analysis to see who and where are you. From here, check the opportunities and threats you face and don’t forget to enjoy a few moments reflecting on your strengths.
- Set what is important to you and where you want to go. Real self-confidence comes from setting and achieving goals. And after having set the major targets in your life, identify the first step in each and work on it. After all, the journey of a thousand steps begins with the first step!
- Manage your mind. Remove all the negative self-talk which can destroy your confidence and try to build strong images of what you will feel and experience as you achieve important goals.
- Commit yourself to success. Promise yourself unequivocally that you are absolutely committed to your targets and that you will do all your best to achieve them
- Build the knowledge in order for you to succeed. Identify the skills you need to achieve your goals and then look at how you can acquire them. You can take courses, do researches, follow an academic program....
- Learn to handle failures and treat them as positive lights. Accept that errors happen when you are trying something new. Treat mistakes as learning experiences and remember that “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.
- Keep yourself grounded and don’t get over-confident.