Nowadays, it has become a priority to own a cellphone, mainly smartphones and we spent most of our times using them. People aren’t aware of the dangerous effects that this “addiction” can cause. However, they manage to do all their work and socializing without letting go of their phone.
Studies over smartphones and the overuse of these devices are being run increasingly and scientists are trying to define their effects on the person using them. In fact, it is not a hard task to detect the consequences of smartphone addiction and its dangerous effects on our generation.
If you are a smartphone addict, you must take a look on the below and see how your brain is negatively affected by your smartphone and its overuse:
- You have higher risks to develop depression.
- You are more likely to undergo several disorders, one of which is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- You are more likely to lose or never acquire social skills.
- Your brain will act just as a drug addict’s brain
- Your brain will face issues in releasing melatonin hormone, which will affect your sleeping cycle.
- You start suffering from insomnia or issues in sleeping.
- You will be more likely to suffer from difficulty in differentiating between what you need and what you want.
- Brain matter will start decreasing as you overuse the smartphone.
- You will face more difficulty in focusing on your daily tasks, whether at work, school or other jobs.
- You will show many signs of decreased self-consciousness.
- Your will lose your ability to locate your targets.
- You are more likely to suffer from losing your memory.
- You will find difficulty in memorizing any kind of information.
- You won’t be finding satisfaction in anything but in your phone.
- Your phone becomes the only thing that gives you the happy feel.
Being a phone addict will make you a dependent person, unable to enjoy the “outer” life. All that you tolerate is in your phone and not in the world around you.
As mentioned before, a phone addict is just like a drug addict, and this person is more likely to suffer from mental disorders. Using smartphones for many hours of the day will make you used to relying on it and increase the hours of use. This will definitely affect your life, whether professionally, socially or mentally.