All Apple users must be bothered by the idea that their smart phone doesn’t have the enough storage they want. Even when the phone is of a 16GB-storage, yet it is not enough to download all the apps, music and store photos on it. However, there are some useful ways to free up space on our iPhone or iPad.
- First of all, go to check the usage and see the applications that are mostly using this storage. In settings, you can go to the “manage storage” tab and check the storage used by each app, photos, music… Based on that, you can decide what to get rid of and what to keep on your phone.
- Then, you can take a fast look over the game apps you have downloaded. After all, who doesn’t love games? But why waste storage on games that you do not longer use? These apps will use your storage while you can download something more useful instead. It’s time for you to delete them.
- You must know that the amount of space that the application fills is based on the application by itself plus the data it downloads. Therefore, you must sometimes delete the app then install it again to clear all this additional space it is consuming.
- Podcasts are mainly the most that consume space on your iPhone or iPad. Get rid of old podcasts and all the episodes that you do not watch anymore. Remember, every episode of 30-minute is 25 MB!
- Store your photos on the cloud so you can use more space for more photos. Choose a system like Dropbox to store all your photos, and you will have a free library to take more photos. Google+ also offers free unlimited storage.
- Using Photo Stream service will sync your last 1000 pictures taken on any Apple product you have, automatically. We’re talking about around 1 GB of space. If you don’t want to share these photos, turn the service off, and spare your phone from storing same pictures twice sometimes.
- When you notice that your iPhone is storing same picture twice every time – normal and HDR – go to settings and adjust your iPhone to keep one version of the photos. This means you will have half more space.
- You must also delete the data of browsing on a regular basis. It is the same concept of clearing cashes and cookies on computers. Make sure to go to settings and delete all web browsing data regularly in order to gain more space on your iPhone or iPad.