Sara El Kareh
To be more focused and effective in your job, always stay prudent to keep away every unpleasant disturbance. Being discreet improves the team work, brings out creativity and communication, needless to say that it terminates any misunderstanding. Caution is one way of concentrating on the current situation. You will overcome any stressful occasion at any event specially at work.
How to be cautious at your job:
- Inhale and exhale. Find a comfortable place where you are alone or get out of the office for few minutes. Align your posture, close your eyes and take a deep breath then breathe out from your mouth. If any idea is freezing your mind, imagine it melting away and breathe again for 5 minutes.
- Take a break. A study has shown that as humans we are always striving to attain new skills. When your mind deviates towards a quiet direction your ideas become more original. When you refresh your mind, you get the chance to evolve and you are given the efficient means to figure out obstacles.
- Be aware of the shifting. While working we are constantly shifting from an action to another, we move from emailing to a live conversation, to a phone call then to reporting. We are always rushing when accomplishing tasks. Take some time before you shift in such a rush between actions. Always keep in mind that you are moving from one mode to another so that the modes you are using don’t get mixed together.
- Preserve your tranquility. A workplace is always filled with stress and tragedy. Avoid any situation than can shake your tranquility. Hold your opinion regarding any conflict that might arise between your co-workers if they try to engage you in it. Live in the moment, and don’t base your actions on misleading visions from the future. Be always prepared to face any stressful situation and then move to the next duty you have.
- Consider the miscalculations. When things go wrong drift away from negativity and be positive. Follow your human nature and accept that you won’t always win. Peek into every failure and step on it to rise. Look into every experience and plan how to handle it in the future. Don’t dwell on the situation, rather stay focused in the current moment and start with the next task.
It’s extremely important to stay conscious about the here and now, especially when we spend so much time working or thinking about work. Take a small break during the day and focus on your thoughts and emotions in order to perform these exercises. Find time to breathe during the day, grant your mind freedom and understand the rush in actions. In order to ditch the continuous stress, stay cool and analyze your failures in brief.