Sara El Kareh
If you’re wondering how to make your small business successfully last for more than 10 years, you should take a look over the following tips from entrepreneurs experts.
1. Although succeeding is a hard task, yet, it can be much easier when one loves what he does. When you’re not passionate about your goal, don’t expect success. Believe in what you aim at, or else, all is gone.
2. Don’t seek to hire just experienced people. You have to prove and explain the type of business you are aiming at. For example, Mike Mondello, president of SeaBear held a meeting showing how a fisherman catches fish and lead to a better end product.
3. You should be creative in solving problems. Just think outside the box like Robin Brocklesby of Creative Coverings who came up with an innovative idea for those who were having difficulty returning the linens they rented. The solution was to return the linens in specially designed bags instead of the big boxes.
4. It is important to have a team who understand their role in your business. This is how to gain customers. For example, if your services require shipping, you should make sure that the shipping company you’re working with understands that your products should arrive on time.
5. We all make mistakes. Therefore, you must learn from those mistakes immediately. For example, when once an error occurred in all orders of Seabear’s customers, the company acted fast, and stopped all outsourcing, then directly called the customers who were affected, and learned to check closely all new orders.
6. Since you can’t be knowledgeable about everything, make sure you deal with people who are more skilled. Choose vendors who can help you learn things you have never experienced.
7. Quality is not to be risked with. Work on quality first, and seek to deliver the best quality products to you customers, and manage to provide lifetime warranties so you can gain the trust of people worldwide.