Dr. Melhem Harmouch
Due to physical stress or sickness, our cells become to vibrate in unnatural frequencies. Sound therapy aligns all the frequencies and changes them to start vibrating in the natural way. When we expose our body, or part of it, to a sound of a certain frequency, it will help in solving such issues.
However, the main issue in using sound therapy to relax is that tastes differ when it comes to types of music. Every person has to figure out the type that pleases him/her. In fact, various types can help you relax, anytime, in any way. Classic music can help let all the stress out, whereas other types can make you dance and sing louder to let the stress out. Therefore, it is essential to find the type of music that helps you relax depending on the situation. You need to listen to various types and artists in order to figure that out.
You do not have to necessarily sit still and listen to music in order to feel relaxation. It could be done while exercising, working, cooking… And of course, it has become a lot much easier to “take” music wherever you go, thanks to modern technology of smart phones. Moreover, when you use music as a relaxation tool, and when you listen consciously, you will be distracted from thinking of anything else. If you are worried or concerned about something, music can be an escape where you can swing your mood into positive thinking and maybe smiling.
Here are some ways to enjoy listening to music:
- Ultimate Relaxation: Use earphones or headphones for some calming music. Do not set the volume to the max, just at a moderate level, and focus on hearing the music consciously.
- Escape your fears: We all have anxieties about something, such as airplanes. Music in your ears and an eye-mask can help in forgetting all about the landing or take-off.
- Defeating stress: When you are late for an important meeting or when you’re stuck in traffic, just play your favorite music, turn up the volume, sing and just overcome the frustration.
- Boost your energy: Although exercising is stress-relieving itself, doing it with music can make you forget about the efforts you have to make, especially when you are not so interested in physical workout. Choose music that has beats complying with the type of exercising you’re practicing. Focus on the beats and accomplish your targeted steps at the gym very easily.
- Use it appropriately: make sure you listen to music very frequently, when possible, and without disturbing the people around you.