Leadership is not bossing around. It is not being rude, nor becoming a monster and a nightmare to employees. In fact, a true leader is the one who motivates towards the best and who treats his employees just the perfect way. Here’s how:
- Even if you have the power, it doesn’t mean you have to be offensive or rude with employees. Giving up on rudeness is a key towards successful leadership.
- There’s a huge difference between being kind and being weak. In fact, kindness is strength, since it is the reason why we are honest, considerate and understanding. When we’re kind, we don’t lie and we don’t go into circles to tell something to someone. Straight to the point. That’s true leadership.
- It is definitely important to be bold, and of course not aggressive. You can’t force your influence on employees. All you can do is lead, handle their problems and find out the issues before they happen. Be there for them.
- Humbleness is a great trait for leaders. Be aware not to confuse is with being timid. Being humble is understanding, caring, loving, respecting and appreciating your employees. It gives you closeness to the people you work with, but at the same time, you and they know the limits and the distance. Unlike timidity, humbleness is not an issue; it’s a plus trait of a great leader.
- Nothing is more important than to have pride. It helps you dream, persevere and achieve. However, it must not be confused with arrogance and showing off. When you are arrogant, you are not aware for what is going on because you think you are too busy to listen. A great leader is proud of his/her achievements, but not egotistical about it.
- Great leaders usually spread humor in the office, making sure to be fun and not make clowns of themselves. Keeping things professional but enjoyable at the same time is something a true leader must have.
- Last but not least, you must accept things as they are and do not turn everything into drama. Life is beautiful, no matter what the circumstances or the problems are. Great leader have the skills to get along with all circumstances without complaining. They understand the facts, work based on what is going on and enjoy working in any situation, no matter where, when or how.