Whenever we are stressed of life’s problems, whether at work, with family or friends, we need to face it in the best ways. Below are some tips for you to challenge stress and overcome the phase:
Choosing what to eat:
- It is important that you don’t skip the three main meals of the day, and especially breakfast. This will keep your blood sugar even, which will prevent adrenaline release and stress consequently.
- Consuming proteins is also very essential to sustain energy levels, such as eggs, meet, fish, grains… It depends whether it is on breakfast or dinner and lunch.
- Avoid refined foods. Instead, eat for example brown rice, quinoa, wholegrain bread…
- Do not depend anymore on coffee, cigarettes, energy drinks, etc. These stimulants cause imbalance in blood sugar levels.
- If you are the type of people who gets hungry before lunch time and in the afternoon, have a snack at these times. Do not go for sugar; you can eat fruits, cheese, yoghurt
- Try to do relaxing activities before sleeping hours. This will help your body travels to a world of calmness and relaxation and thus prevent stress.
- It is not a good idea to consume alcohol before going to bed, or drinking caffeine at the afternoon.
- Make sure you follow a relaxing routine before going to bed. For example, get used to having a warm bubble bath while listening to soft music.
- Magnesium really helps you to get a good night sleep if you are facing problems falling asleep.
- Make sure there is no noise, no light and fully comfortable environment. Keep your phone away, put it on silent and turn off Wi-Fi connections during the night.
Face stress with a positive mood:
- Learn how to deal with the things that causes you to get stressed. Many times, it is impossible for us to remove stressors completely; however, we can learn how to handle them.
- There are several techniques that help us overcome stress. You should learn some of them.
- Try to use tools that help you relax and calm down, such as CDs, applications, books… You can also take courses that teach stress management.
- You can also stop denying that you are stressed. You must be aware of your situation in order to find the suitable way to handle it. Stress is not a disaster, yet it becomes one when it is out of your control.