We all heard that money cannot buy happiness. But this is not that relevant. What could be considered as true is that:
- Rushing for more and more money is not a way to happiness. Try to acquire more money to think carefully about how you can use it to increase your happiness and not to make you happy.
- People frequently use money to purchase things that they then spend time worrying about, rather than buying things that let them to worry less.
People should view money as a medium to make them happier. When you begin to make more money concentrate on spending this money in ways that improve your happiness and reduce your stress levels. Make sure to use it to buy things you feel like purchasing and not that other people say you “should” buy.
Below are some specific ways you can use you money to feel happier….
1. Buy a nice bed.People spend 33% of their lives in a bed. It will be very rational to optimize in this area. Therefore, buy a very nice mattress and high-thread-count sheets. It will significantly improve the quality of your sleep, and subsequently, your waking life.
2. Improve your commute by living closer to work.According to many studies on happiness, people are least happy when commuting. The ideal way to enhance this is to commute as little as possible by spending more money to rent or buy a place closer to your working place.
3. Improve your commute by buying a nice car.On the other hand, if you must commute, spend the money on buying the right car for you which may not be necessary a fancy sports car or a luxury sedan, but rather a pleasant one suited to your personal taste.
4. Fix your computing experience.People usually spend a lot of time on the computer. They may get very frustrated if they experience any problem while using it. Therefore, you would better fix any issue in your computer!
5. Overtip everywhere you go.If you want to be treated like royalty at restaurants and service establishments, you have to tip well. Especially at places, you visit often. The idea is to show up as the person who tips significantly better than all the other customers do. You will enjoy an extraordinary service and especially if you are with some company.
6. Travel to see friends and family.With this new mobile generation, friends and families are scattered all around the world. Consequently, if you are part of this generation, you should surely have some of them abroad. According to some studies, the keys to happiness are a healthy network of friends and family. Therefore, take some vacation days, go, and visit them. They will be happy to see you.
7. Learn to cook a couple favorite meals, and use premium ingredients.Begin spending money to buy the absolute top-end premium ingredients to cook your favorite meals tuned exactly to your tastes, and produced at an exceptionally high level with the finest ingredients you are able to get.
According to many researches, psychological therapy is “32 times more effective at increasing happiness than having more money.” Therefore, if you are suffering from anything at all, even possibly the most trivial of mental ailments, it is worth to spend your money paying for a psychotherapist.