We all have skills, we all work hard and we all aim for leadership. However, not all of us can become leaders. In addition to the factors mentioned, a major one is still missing: leadership character. It is what categorizes us between leaders and non-leaders. And of course, we all want to have this character. As easy as it sounds, you only have to follow these 5 secrets:
- Walk in others’ shoes: this doesn’t mean to do what others are doing; in fact, it means knowing how others are thinking, what they really want and how will I make it come true?
- Have great expectations: Usually, we know what is currently going on and accept it. Whereas leaders think about what might be going on in the future, positively. They are optimistic about it, they expect the best of it and they work from that perspective.
- Know how to react: To become a leader, you should practice how to deal with issues and facts. Every time you have the chance to take an action, do not miss it. Just do it to practice for harder situations.
- Seek for wisdom: when you search for the right things, you won’t be getting but the right ones. Prepare yourself for what is going to follow. Ask for advice, opinions and ideas. Refer to analysts or advisors who can help you stay on the right track.
- Be responsible: When you lead, you must act responsible for your decisions and the actions of others that you approve. It is really important to show how responsible you are so people can trust the leadership in you.
Finally, you need to “become” these qualities. You must show that you really have a leading character. Sometimes, you will have to play the role of the leader, but then this character will become you. You must change your heart, you must become a leader instead of “doing” what leaders do. It is all inside us.