The final phase of the BLC- Brilliant Lebanese Awards 2015
Jihane Nasrallah, the Founder and Managing Director of Inhouse Communications, has reached the final phase of the BLC- Brilliant Lebanese Awards 2015 for the Women Entrepreneur of the Year category.
Based on her 5 years of experience, Jihane thinks that “being an entrepreneur is one of the most exciting paths to take. But, it isn’t for the faint-hearted, the lazy or the naysayer”.
The first thing she might say for entrepreneurs is: buckle up and get ready for a transformative journey that is going to push your limits and change you at your core.
According to her, “As an entrepreneur, you will learn on your own time and your own dime. You will go through your fair share of growing pains, because you will have to grow and adapt quickly. No one is going to push you, so get ready to kick your own butt”.
Here are a few of Jihane’s personal pointers for the journey ahead:
- STAY FOCUSED: Define what you plan to do so well that you can put it in a neat, little sentence on your wall and stare at it every day to remind yourself of your mission.
- OFFER SOMETHING DIFFERENT: Have a unique selling proposition for your business. If your business doesn’t add value, it simply won’t take off.
- TAKE ACTION: Overthinking will only put holes the size of craters in your self-esteem and drive. So just jump in—you’ll have plenty of time to think and rethink as you go.
- CHOOSE YOUR TEAM: Big dreams need a team behind them, and choosing the right team is going to be one of the most important decisions you make. Your teammates are the people who will help you sink or swim, so pick the people with the right attitudes, talents and skill sets.
- BE POSITIVE: Trust me; there will be enough external resistance to deal with, without you putting extra pressure on yourself. There will be new challenges every day and your small sailboat will face some very harsh winds, so stay positive. More than anything, your positivity will keep you going in the face of tough competition, a quickly changing market, setbacks, negativity and criticism.
- KEEP GOING: When the going gets tough, do not give up. It is those who persevere, who stay up all night trying to figure out a way to open a new door when one has shut in their face, who keep working towards their dreams when they are sore from failure, that make it.
At the end, Jihane recalls one of Albert Einstein’s quotes: “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. She says: It is imagining new possibilities and trying uncharted routes that brings about change. So keep that imagination alive, don’t be scared to play and take risks- anything worth doing takes risk. Do it, do not try.
Inhouse Communications is a full-fledged creative agency that offers holistic and integrated communications solutions. Established in 2010, Inhouse Communications acts as an extension of the marketing departments of their clients, tailoring their solutions to meet deadlines, budgets and objectives. Whether it’s a flyer, online activation, TVC or billboard, they make the most out of every opportunity to engage consumers and deliver results. Over the past five years, Inhouse Communications has helped clients across sectors, including FMCG, banking, real estate, and telecom to grow their brands and has run several awareness campaigns to mobilize the public around important social causes.
Jihane Nasrallah is the Founder and Managing Director of Inhouse Communications where she heads the agency’s operations and business development activities and consults on marketing strategies for brands. Jihane founded Inhouse with the goal of helping clients to build their brands with flexible solutions tailored to their needs. Before establishing Inhouse, Jihane was the Associate Managing Director at Smeds International, where she helped uplift the brand’s image, grow its line of products and expand its penetration into new markets. Prior to that, she offered her marketing insight and strategic know-how to several multinational brands, assisting them with their distribution activities, including Lactalis and Ferrarini.
Jihane holds a BA in Marketing from Notre Dame University, Lebanon, where she taught for a year, and a Master in Marketing Communications from the University of Westminster, London. Her fierce entrepreneurial spirit, extensive experience on the client side and her dedication to offering win-win advertising solutions have positioned her agency as one of the most successful and reputable independent agencies in the country.