Most of us find it much easier to rely on others to do things for ourselves. We keep creating excuses: I don’t have the power to do it, I don’t know how to do it or it cannot be done. This is exactly what weakens us in front of others.
When we depend on others, we forget what we are able to achieve on our own. If we do not try, we will never know what we are good at.
Below are some steps that teach us how to be more independent and do the things we want, on our own and perfectly:
- Pretending: At first, we should believe that we’re going to make it on our own, with no help. This way, we will get rid of the thoughts that someone is supporting us and we will stop waiting ineffectively for others. Let’s stop waiting. Imagine yourself in a new country, alone and where you have no connections. All you want is for you to get without any help. This can be applied to your daily tasks.
- Planning: When you think you cannot do it, try to do it anyway and you’ll figure out yourself. You may be afraid to try new things, but you should take risks. Try one new thing every single day. Create a list with your targets for a month and begin with the easiest ones. In that way you will improve your self-confidence and forget about fear.
- Learning: There is always a first time for everything. Great leaders started from zero. Therefore, it is not a sin to make mistakes. In fact, it is the failure that teaches us lessons. Do not give up on trying.
- Celebrating: When you spend the required time trying, working and sacrificing for your goals, you will gain confidence. Every time you make new achievements, whether personally or professionally, write down the steps you followed. Keeping records for all your achievements is kind of a celebration that is considered a great motivation. You will realize then that you are capable of succeeding on your own. When you feel you are incapable of doing something, just take a look at your achievements and you will definitely try.
- Creating a new habit: When you do one thing and succeed once, then do it on your own the next time you have to. We normally tend to use the old methods because it is easier, i.e. relying on others to do for us what we want. Therefore, what you do once should always be your thing to do. Work constantly on your own and always try new things whenever it is possible.