By Marilyn Elias
It is too bad that our generation nowadays gave up on almost everything that has to do with the active lifestyle. Let’s see if these rules can help us get committed again.
1. Engage yourself in a daily physical activity that literally makes you sweat. Make sure you work hard to change your body, or, in case you like your body as it is, work on losing fat or strengthening your muscles. This can’t be done while chatting with your friends or reading a magazine on the treadmill. You should do the following:
- Carry more weights
- Use the “incline” or “run hills” options while on the treadmill
- Make sure you include plyometric training
- Mix different kind of workouts
2. Go back to your childhood years’ activities like jumping ropes, biking, climbing trees, sprinting… leave your laptop behind and go for a walk in the early morning or register at a fitness club, football team or any other activities.
3. Be creative in using new ways to exercise. Use whatever is available with no need to pay lots of money for working out, like ropes to jump, chains to pull, balls to shoot, heavy objects to carry…
4. Eat moderately and healthy and avoid sugar-loaded snacks or fats. Assign some time to go and shop the food you need, and try to plan your meals before time.
5. Don’t forget that your body and mind need to rest. Try taking vacations or changing your exercises so you will get back fresh and energetic.