–Florence KANAAN BOU HABIB
Managers have a very delicate role to play in the workplace with many changing responsibilities. They must put a high-performance mindset and build a culture that encourages teamwork and competitiveness. Moreover, managers have to stay active, and must quickly get trust from their colleagues in order to set team unity and collaboration.
The best managers know how to address the needs of their team and how to uniquely motivate each member. They are always aware of moods, mindset, attitude, and engagement. Nevertheless, it is the level of trust you have with your manager that makes or breaks the team. A bad manager can make or break your career.
To lead a team effectively, a manager should follow the below steps:
- She must first establish her leadership with each team member by building trust and loyalty relationships.
- She should appreciate each employee’s ideas and put in her mind than there is no stupid idea.
- She should be aware of the unspoken feelings of employees and be sensitive to their feelings.
- She has to search for opportunities to mediate and resolve small disputes.
- Her communication has to be clear.
- She should encourage trust and cooperation among employees.
- She should make sure that her team members share information. She should also highlight the importance of the contribution of each team member show how their jobs operate together to take the whole team closer to its objective.
- She should delegate problem-solving tasks to the team.
- She must facilitate communication by remaining open to suggestions and concerns, by asking questions and offering help and by avoiding confusion in her own communication.
- She has to set team values and objectives and to evaluate team performance. She should talk with members about what they are achieving in respect to the established goals.
- She has to have a clear idea of what needs to be accomplished and in how much time. She has also have to make sure that her team members know and understand their responsibilities.
- She has to set objectives, solve problems, and plan for action.
- She should encourage listening and brainstorming. A good manager has to remember that employees are often afraid to disagree with one another and that her fear can lead her team to make bad decisions. When a manager encourages debate, she inspires creativity and that’s how she will encourage her team on to better results.