Sara El Kareh
Many managers do not realize that some of their employees are facing a phase of low morals. Here are some signs of employees with low morale:
- They become uncooperative and managers will discover it with no difficulty.
- They get easily bored and they seem careless and unmotivated.
- They will reflect no commitment to their teams neither to their jobs and tasks.
- They will see everything wrong and faulty, unless they are working on something they are convinced of and with the people they want.
- They will complain about everything and won’t be satisfied with any task or job assigned to them.
- They will start arriving late to the office or not even showing up at all. It is a very clear sign for managers that the employee has low morale.
- They begin disregarding their desk, neglecting the importance of organizing it and care less about tidiness. The manager will notice when things are getting worse.
- They won’t show any respect for discipline and conduct in the office.
- A manager will notice whether the employee having bad days frequently or it’s just a single bad day. According to that, the manager can assume that the employee has low morale.
- A manager should not allow an employee to reach the phase of complaining and passing it to other employees. It will be very disturbing for the workplace.
How to boost the morale?
Many experts in the management field gave opinions and ideas about solutions, have a look:
- Managers can help by changing the routine or giving more time on a particular job…
- They can also name a room after the employee and hang a sign with the name.
- Managers might surprise their employees with a breakfast or a dinner on a working day.
- Hanging photos from previous activities and company’s events with a small note can also help.
- If the office has a rule that all employees dislike, managers can suspend it for a day or 2 and even canceling it if possible.
- Managers can send the employee’s family a handwritten small letter to mention the difference that this employee has made.
- They can also help employees save time by offering a service, for example, dry-cleaning delivery.
Every manager has the power to make changes. Let them be for a better workplace.