Sara El kareh
Many managers’ goal is to keep their team happy working in the office. The often do so by giving them a flexible schedule, showing gratitude and appreciation and offering them a peaceful and convenient workplace. With all their efforts to provide the best environment for motivation, managers always find gaps that demotivate employees. Read the below tips, and try to avoid anything that would affect the workplace spirit. After all, you need nothing but best performance and results:
- When being a manager, you tend to spot employees on whom you can easily rely. You need them close to you in order to help you with some tasks. They are ready to handle big responsibilities and are able to work under much pressure. However, preferring employees to others will leave a disturbing impact on your role and the workplace as well. It will show doubts about your ability to do management alone, and will demotivate other hard workers.
- It is true that we all seek perfection, especially when you are manager and waiting for perfect results. In spite of your role, you must not punish when mistakes are committed. Be easy and supportive to those who do wrong and try not to scare them.
- As a manager, you will definitely use some skills that have to be paid much more than your long-term employees. In addition, most of the time, your current employees do not get a salary that meet the market rates. Therefore, when they realize that the new hire-up has higher salary than theirs, even when doing the same job, you will be in big trouble. Be sure, there is no rule or explanation that will help convince the staff about this “crime”. Therefore, be fair and considerate to your current staff.
- Keep your employees aware of a certain issue or problem that can affect them in any way. Everyone should know what’s going on. By everyone, we mean not to miss any member of the whole company. Or else, he/she will become offensive and will feel unvalued. You don’t want to go through this!
- Being serious and strict all the time will make your employees miserable and down. Try to change the mood of the workplace by laughing from time to time. This way, you will boost your team’s energy and will help employees work more easily and happily.