No doubt that your company needs to have happy and satisfied customers with the product and services it offers. One of the reasons is that such customers will recommend the services to their friends, families and colleagues, and this is definitely very valuable for the company itself.
If you wish to improve customer service, make sure you read the following tips:
- Smiling is the most influencing and powerful act in customer service. When you smile at someone, you will see how contagious it is when you’ll see them smiling back at you. Faking it is not a good idea since it will be noticed directly. Therefore, try to relax, look in the customers’ eyes and give a natural simple smile. Doing so will make the client feel more comfortable, and you will trigger a positive interaction with this friendly and approachable way you used.
- Make sure the client feels welcomed with a proper and pleasant greeting. Begin with a sincere and warm welcoming, without exaggerating. All you need to show is that you are ready and glad to assist whenever asked to. You should never criticize your company in front of the client, nor complain about the load of work, management, your colleagues or anything that may give the client negative thoughts.
- It is really important to learn how to listen to the customers’ needs in order to be able to give them the right assistance. It can be very disappointing for them when you do not listen. They will tend to retain from purchasing and never visit again. Listen, understand and offer the best solution.
- Know your business. For example, if you are working in a n hotel, make sure you know the specifications of every room, the benefits, the offers, the facilities or any other important details that customer might ask for. Or if you sell cars, you should know the models, the specifications and the prices of every car in your company and in your competitors’ one. However, if you were asked about something you do not have an answer for, it is better to say “I don’t know” than lying and giving a wrong answer. Or, if possible, resort to someone who knows the answer.
- Honesty is a very important thing to have when dealing with customers. For example, do not give delivery dates without being sure to be able to deliver the product on that specific day. Never promise something you cannot keep, be loyal to deadlines and show up on time for any appointment. In case of emergencies or changes in plans, make sure you tell your customer as soon as you know it yourself.
- Be the person who gives customers the positive experience that they are looking for and that they will be talking about in front of all the people they know. Do not be rude, act polite and give the best assistance possible. Make extra efforts when you can; it might be additional information about a product or extra advice about a service the customer is willing to buy.