In the 21st century, the mindset and the attitude of successful entrepreneurs are becoming more and more valued at the workplace. Here are some of the habits that will make you twice as successful.
- Systematizing Repeat Tasks
One of the characteristics of entrepreneurship is to set up systems that produce more value for less effort. For startups, the cost of doing ordinary tasks increases quickly, which will prevent them from doing the important work they have planned to do. From here goes the need for automating repeat tasks in your work. There are several tools to help you do. For instance, Sanebox hides emails you do not need to see during the day. IFTT helps you create automatic If>Then triggers for almost anything. For example, it can automatically send all your Gmail attachments to Dropbox.
2. Create the story and tell it well.
Entrepreneurs, who are always pitching ideas and products, tend to be very successful at doing this because they know well how to create and tell the story and how to get people excited. They spend too much time to prepare their speeches and presentations.
3. Manage interruptions
Interruptions consume a big amount of the average person’s work time. Big startups always find ways to protect their people from unnecessary distractions. Clever entrepreneurs remove swaths from their calendars for “productivity time”.
4. Looking For 80/20s
If you observe your life, you will see that only 20 percent of the things you do account for 80 percent of the results you get. If you want to increase your productivity, first concentrate on the 20 percent, and remove the other 80 percent that just preoccupy you.
5. Do rather than plan
Take actions on the spot. Do not postpone things to a later time. Startups have no time to lose and to them each second counts. So as an entrepreneur do not promise to achieve tasks but achieve them directly.
6. Drop every unnecessary meeting
Most meetings are often too long, have no benefits and involve too many people who feel they have to talk just because they are there.
According to Jason Fried and David Hansson in their book, Rework, “meetings are typically scheduled like TV shows. You set aside 30 minutes or an hour because that is how scheduling software works. If it only takes 7 minutes to accomplish a meeting’s goal, that’s all the time you should spend.”
In startups, meetings are held while standing up, so people prefer to end them quickly rather than keep them for unimportant things.