Most of us do it. Most of us just stare at their screens; check their Facebook timelines and pages to see if they have more followers or “likers”. We all need to bring our pages to be more liked, more seen and more followed. We all wonder about the reason that we are not getting enough viewers. Why is that happening to us?
Many reasons lead to that “problem”. We all do things to grab more followers to our pages. However, some of the things we do only lead people to unlike and unfollow our pages. Below are some of these actions that we think are beneficial but only make things worse:
- Lack of posts: it is very clear that not having many people interested in your page will make you less motivated to post more news. You are de-motivated and just disappointed. However, when your posts are not regular, people will notice that, and they will become less interested in your page. When you do not post regularly, you will have less “likes” and fewer comments, which will not help in delivering your posts to other people. Consequently, your page won’t be popular among Facebook users.
- Excess of posts: On the other hand, you should be aware that your page is not your Facebook account. Therefore, you must not post every idea or article that comes to your mind. It is important to have a plan for the things you post. Even when people like the services and the businesses of your page, yet they do not want them to be the only thing they see in their newsfeed.
- “Mal-Posting”: When people follow your page, it is because they like its subject and purpose. However, when you start posting the wrong things, they won’t like it anymore. What are the wrong things? The wrong posts are those not related to your page’s business or purposes. Moreover, you should not post more than 20% of marketing posts, and you must deliver content to attract and interest people. It is all about knowing your viewers and being creative without forgetting about the main purpose of the page.
- Long posts: Make sure you post short stuff; pictures, videos, short articles… People search for things that are really interesting without having to do an effort to get the whole idea of it.
- Facebook is not you in the real life: do not expect people to like your page just for the person you are. If they do not find the products, services or the business they are searching for, they simply won’t like your page. Make sure you what your audience is looking for, what the people need and what will make the people interested in your page. Offer answers to their questions and then seek for expanding your business with online communication that leads to online relationships.