Are you a new manager and somehow confused where to start and how? Or are you a manager that is facing struggles and obstacles? Here are some tips for you; follow each one of it because it will blaze your trail to success.
- Know what you are aiming for by pretending yourself in a year from now, how would you see yourself? What achievements would you accomplish? etc … When you recognize what you want to be in a year from now, write down the steps and follow each of it so that you reach the desired target?
- Unreal managers do not know when to say “No”. They do not know which idea sounds good and which is not at all. However, effective managers know where to spend the team’s time.
- Make sure your team knows well your standards so that it can do its best to meet it. Let them know what is acceptable to you and what is not. Never make them guess things out.
- Pretend that you are facing a certain problem and try to find adequate solutions for it. By doing so, whenever you face this problem or a similar one, you will know how to fix it out as soon as possible. Evaluate your work and try not to believe that all things are going good when they are, in fact, not. Open your eyes widely so that you avoid failure.
- Encourage your team by giving them positive comments and sending them emails that they will keep on rereading. By doing so, you will provide them with extra energy without you even being aware.
- Do not be afraid or shy when you need to address an employee who is not meeting the needed level. Talk to him/her about everything in order to fix the problem earlier. Put in mind that you can fire employees who are not performing well so that you can save the level of performance of the whole team. Save the dignity of your employees even if you have to fire someone, do it in a decent and responsible way. You only grow by respecting other people.
An effective manager seeks the summit with his/her whole team. S/he should be aware of everyone’s performance and provide the employees with feedbacks. The success of the company itself is based on the manager who should be courageous, honest, self-confident, responsible, decent…