Sara El Kareh
Having a well-organized to-do list is essential to manage your time effectively, instead of just reminding you of the tasks you haven’t accomplished. For the perfect to-do list, see the following tips:
- No matter what type of a list you choose, digital or handwritten, you should always have it on you so that you can always edit it and add the new things you want to do.
- Try to have 2 lists: a list with all due tasks, and another one for every day which includes the 5 most important things. When you notice that you have more free time, check the first list. Consequently, you will be able to classify your tasks as priority or less important.
- Include specific descriptions for each task on your list. For example, when you have a project, mention each step you should make to accomplish it, such as “prepare subject”, “Research”, “Work on a speech”, “Review work”, “Create Presentations”… This will help in time estimation.
- Don’t leave a to-do-list-task undone, no matter how minor it is, in order to have a clearer view of what you have done on a daily basis.
- Include the estimated time for each task, so when you finish one of them earlier than expected, you will be able to complete another in the extra time you have.
- Make sure your list contains the tasks that you, yourself, are able to do. Or else, it will be full of uncompleted tasks.