By Sara El Kareh
One of the most disregarded productivity and planning factors is the nighttime routine of an entrepreneur; it is not only organizing the work day or the morning routine.
If you are wondering how set the most effective evening schedule and how to prepare for a very active and productive next day at work, read the following tips:
- Evaluate your day, and think about the best things you’ve done. A successful entrepreneur ends his day by asking himself one and only question: “What good did I do today?” An entrepreneur spends more time to evaluate and assess his/her day, takes time to analyze the schedule and reviews his projects and plans. Just think about the progress you made concerning your dreams and goals, what was the most helpful thing you’ve done and how can you improve the things you learned.
- Plan for 3 priorities for the next day. In fact, whatever you do at night can help you ensure tomorrow’s success. As Michael Lewis said in his Vanity Fair profile of President Obama, “the president’s day actually starts the day before.” The president reviews his schedules in the evening and re-examines his briefs. SO does many writers who end their working days in a middle of sentence so they are exactly aware of their starting point in the next day. If you use this method to think about your goals, plans and tasks, you will have a clear idea about how your day’s going to be and be able to achieve more than expected.
- Set clear limits between your professional and personal times. An entrepreneur easily considers his business as his own life. When you get back home, try to go for a walk, do some exercise or attend meditation or yoga classes so you can easily get rid of the business mood and be involved in a personal state. If possible, connect with friends and family, practice hobbies, or just simply rest.
- Protect your sleeping time. Most entrepreneurs face sleepless nights or have sleeping disorders. It is important to protect your sleeping time when you are exhausted, anxious or tired of all the hard days at work. Set a steady schedule for sleeping and follow it. Avoid watching Tv in bed, turn off all the lights and keep your room free from any screens or distractions. Try to keep the room temperature cool and use a comfortable mattress. Most importantly, take time to relax before going to bed.
- Do one thing you enjoy. Mainly, all entrepreneurs work hard for several purposes: be financially satisfied, securing their families or changing the world from their own perspective. This is why, if you want to be a successful one, you should so one thing for pleasure every single night. Go out with the family for a dinner without using your phone and tablets at that time. Go for a walk or for a massage or spa treatment. You may also watch a movie or read your favorite book. Fill your free time with the best thing you think of and don’t wait for vacations or weekends.
As a conclusion, you should know that evening schedules can lead to very effective and productive schedules for tomorrow. It allows time for crucial things like family and health. It also helps you to maintain high-energy and concentration on your priorities at work and lead to maximum productivity for the next day.