Following are some easy money saving tricks that will help you save money each month:
- Drive your car for a longer period. You always fall in the trap of thinking about buying a new car or a used one. Drive your car for the longer period possible in order to make substantial savings. Choose solid and fuel-efficient cars.
- Save from spending on your vacation.
- Stay away from the mall.
- One of the greatest ways to save money is removing your home telephone. If you use your cell phone more frequently then there is no need to have a landline at home. If you need your landline, then reduce the number of phone calls and use it only for emergencies.
- Prepare your lunch for work, most preferably on a daily basis. However, it’s always fun to go out for lunch on your break so don’t completely avoid it. Eating a homemade lunch will help you save more money.
- Quit smoking.
- Consume less alcohol. You’ll save money and calories. Buy generic over-the-counter medicines, which are the same as alcohol but cost less.
- Custom made gifts, which you can prepare yourself, are less costly than the stuff you buy from the stores.
- Adopt the 30-day rule. It’s always better to wait 30 days to make a purchase instead of buying something to fulfill your desires right on the spot. When you wait for 30 days, the urge you have to buy something will fade away and you will save more money. Waiting a while will give you a better perspective and you’ll get to know if the purchase is worth the money you will pay.
- Make a list of what you need before you go shopping and stick to it. It is highly important to make a list before going to the grocery store. The list will help you buy what you need and what is necessary and you won’t waste anything. Don’t only create a list but also abide by it.
- Instead of going out, make gatherings in your house.
- Don’t spend huge amounts of money to entertain your children. Young children don’t need much to get entertained. Do note that your children mostly need your time, not the stuff you can get them, which will help you save more money and makes you happier.
- Buy items of high quality that will last longer.
- Compare the prices between the stores and choose the cheapest place.
- Adopt the 10-second rule. For every item, you put in your cart, stop for 10 seconds and think about the reason why you are buying it and if you really need it. If it seems impossible to find a good answer, put the item back in its place. This will stop you from making random purchases on a regular basis.