If you cannot deal with the fact of being managed, you can easily lose your job. If you are not comfortable with the idea of having a boss just put yourself in his/her shoes.
- If you think that you have kind of resistance to authority or you think a manager is not qualified for this job, you have the signs of being hard to manage. Therefore, you should accept the idea of being bossed because it is how companies work. You need to respect the boss and avoid arguing to deliver a message.
- An unmanageable person can also be aggressive by being passive and not by confrontation. This kind of people tends to avoid doing what they have been told. However, in companies, employees should not ignore the manager’s requests, or they can refuse by giving good reasons in an appropriate way.
- Managers usually don’t like getting involved in gossips or in personal issues between their employees. When you talk to your manager about what’s annoying you about your co-workers, you will give the impression that you do not have the team spirit. Therefore, try to talk to your co-worker about how his/her behavior is affecting your performance. If it didn’t work, you can resort to the manager trying to focus on the business issue and not the personal one.
- One of the worst things among employees is having a downer one. This person makes all positive and fun events sound like disasters. Managers of course, hate negative people. If you want to succeed, try to focus on saying positive things rather than giving negative comments. When talking about issues, mention solutions.
- It is important for your boss that all tasks are delivered on time without any delays. When you are late at submitting your tasks, you are increasing the risk of being the worst employee and you will lose your boss’s trust. Therefore, set realistic deadlines and let your manager be ready in case you think you are not going to make it on time. Try to come up with an alternative solution.
- The last thing a manager needs is to hear your problems. Your personal issues are his last concern. You might think that he’s interested; however, he’s just being polite and dying inside. Keep your personal problems to your friends. When these problems are affecting your performance, it is necessary to mention them, but not in details. After all, giving much information about your personal life might be used lately to affect your job.