Nowadays, famous brands such as Apple, Google and Amazon depend on the customer’s experience, which help in their progress and continuity. Therefore, the customer service’s department is highly important for it adds value and pushes brands farther in the competition especially when the consumers have so many choices.
Customer service’s main job was to register complaints and replace or refund merchandise, but that has become today a 24/7 service that focuses on the needs and experiences of the consumers. When the customer is pleased with the service he is provided with, he will directly inform friends and families about the business/product.
Following are many strategies that if adopted by the top brands, they help in creating an effective customer service and therefore a successful business.
1. Employ experienced staff: For a better customer service, you need to employ a well-experienced and committed team. The following skills are required and must be found when hiring an employee: devotion for customers, resilience, work integrity, enthusiasm, incentive, ability to convince, communication skills, and guidance.
2. Make it exciting: The customer should be enjoying the experience. For example, some airline companies ask their employees to be creative and humorous on duty. Flight attendants are asked to sing or joke during pre-flight instructions or status reports. This way the routine process becomes customized and more interesting. Customer undertake a role in the procedure and enjoy the workshops, which become more entertaining. Therefore, the more knowledgeable customers are more willing to buy and be contented. However, customers who enjoyed their time will spread positive comments in their entourage about their experience.
3. Constant training: For an efficient customer service process employees must go through constant training. You need to acknowledge what can you offer and what tools you have to serve the customers. In addition to the constant training, leaders and employees should always review the customers’ experience and find ways to improve and enhance it. Customers’ needs are constantly changing and you cannot work according to your predictions, this is why the customer service must always stay up to date.
4. Collect data and assessment from customers: The customer is the best source for information. The assessment of the customers and the data you will collect from them will help you improve your product or service. You can always know the feedback of your customers through an online booking software. This way customers are more likely to stop complaining and therefore increase their purchases.
5. Go farther than the competition takes you: Adopt the best standards when delivering a certain service or product to your customers because they only accept the best. “Good” is never enough for them so don’t aim for that. Larry Page, Google’s co-founder, once said, “Our goal is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible,” not just to gather views on a website. With this high goal, Google became the leader in its field.
6. Be Modest: The best customer service strategy is modesty. You don’t have to feel low, but it is important to apologize at the proper time and to always stay clear. When you admit that, you have failed in meeting the expectations and that you are trying to make your business better, there is a big chance that your sales will remarkably increase.
7. Stay ahead in the competition: The type of service you offer is what makes your business different and unique. In a supermarket, when customers ask about a certain item, they expect that the employees stop their job and lead them to the needed item. This is what distinguishes the big stores from those with a minimal service. With the help of your team, collect all the needed data from your customers, gather their feedback and comments in order to stay ahead in the competition.
Customers will keep on buying from your company, and they will even promote your brand and advertise your product if the service provided is good and continuous even after sale.